- THE NUMBER OF AMERICANS WITH “NO RELIGION” HAS INCREASED BY 266% OVER THE LAST 3 DECADES
- April 5, 2019 – There has been a mass exodus out of organized religion in the United States. Each year the needle has only moved a little bit, but over the long-term what we have witnessed has been nothing short of a seismic shift. Never before in American history have we seen such dramatic movement away from the Christian faith, and this has enormous implications for the future of our nation. According to a survey that was just released, the percentage of Americans that claim to have “no religion” has increased by 266 percent since 1991…
The number of Americans who identify as having no religion has risen 266 percent since 1991, to now tie statistically with the number of Catholics and Evangelicals, according to a new survey.
People with no religion – known as ‘nones’ among statisticians – account for 23.1 percent of the U.S. population, while Catholics make up 23 percent and Evangelicals account for 22.5 percent, according to the General Social Survey.
In other words, the “nones” are now officially the largest religious group in the United States.
At one time it would have been extremely difficult to imagine that one day the “nones” would someday surpass evangelical Christians, but it has actually happened.
And the biggest movement that we have seen has been among our young people. According to a different survey, two-thirds of Christian young adults say that they stopped going to church at some point between the ages of 18 and 22…
Large numbers of young adults who frequently attended Protestant worship services in high school are dropping out of church.
Two-thirds of young people say they stopped regularly going to church for at least a year between the ages of 18 and 22, a new LifeWay Research surveyshows.
These are the exact same patterns that we saw happen in Europe, and now most of those countries are considered to be “post-Christian societies”. Cont”d:
- THE POPE & THE ONE WORLD RELIGION
TheRemnantvideo Feb 16, 2019
- APOSTASY REPORT – THE SOCIAL JUSTICE FIASCO
Servus Christi – Mar 4, 2019
WHY POST-CHRISTIAN AMERICA WILL BE A MEANER, UNHAPPIER PLACE
- By Jonathon Van Maren/Bridgehead.ca – April 17, 2019
While Christianity has been collapsing across Europe for the past half-century, with recent data indicating that a mere 18% of those who identify as Christian still attend church services regularly, the United States of America has traditionally been considered a far more Christian country.
The electoral power wielded by the so-called Religious Right as well as the piety of many of America’s founders, settlers, and pioneers has infused America’s image with a religiosity that has defined the Shining City on a Hill for generations.
But a General Social Survey now indicates that for the first time in American history, atheists are the largest group in the nation at 23.1%, surpassing both evangelicals and Catholics as the largest portion of the population. Cont’d: http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/article.cfm?recent_news_id=3132
- SEN. CORY BOOKER CURSES PRAYER DURING CNN INTERVIEW, REV. GRAHAM FIRES BACK
- By lwhite – Image: Acslaw1776/WikiCommons
- In a recent CNN interview, 2020 Democratic presidential nominee Cory Booker dismissed sending “thoughts and prayers” to victims of gun violence as BS. Evangelical Christian leader Rev. Franklin Graham is firing back.
- Graham said that Booker “obviously doesn’t know the power of prayer.” He also addressed the importance of America called on God in these dark times, saying that until we as a nation call on God for help in the human heart, “violence of all types will continue to escalate.”
- Sen. Booker sat down with David Axelrod on his CNN show, The Axe Files. During the interview, he addressed gun violence and gun policy.
- “When I’m president of the United States, I’m taking a fight to this issue like folks have never seen before, because we’re better than this as a country. It’s a uniquely American problem. No other country has this kind of courage.”
- “We are not going to give thoughts and prayers, which to me is just bullsh**,” Booker said. “And I’m sorry to say it as a main of faith, but I was taught that faith without works is dead.”
- Graham commented on Booker’s remarks in a post on Facebook, writing:
“Democratic presidential candidate Cory Booker obviously doesn’t know the power of prayer,” said Graham. “He said that thoughts and prayers after gun violence is BS. That couldn’t be further from the truth.” Cont’d:
- APOSTASY REPORT – THE SBC IS FALLEN, FALLEN!
Servus Christi Apr 26, 2019
- WATCH LIVE: TRUMP PARTICIPATES IN NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER EVENT
- NBC News May 2, 2019
- JOHN MACARTHUR PARTNERS WITH RICK WARREN [MBR OF CFR]
- DOOM TOWN: HIT PBS CHILDREN’S SHOW ‘ARTHUR’ WILL HAVE THIRD GRADE TEACHER MR. RATBURN COME OUT AS HOMOSEXUAL AND GET MARRIED WHILE THE KIDS WATCH
- Arthur and his friends are initially under the impression that their teacher is marrying a bossy female rat. After a failed attempt to set Mr. Ratburn up with the librarian, the gang ends up attending their teacher’s wedding poorly disguised as adults. There, they realize Mr. Ratburn is marrying a chocolatier aardvark named Patrick.
by Geoffrey Grider – May 14, 2019
SHARE THIS STORY: The 22nd season premiere of the hit PBS Kids show ‘Arthur’ saw one of its most popular characters coming out as gay and getting married to a man. Every great empire, right before their decline began, normalized open homosexuality and all manner of other perversions. The Greeks, the Romans, and others embraced homosexuality to their own destruction. Greece today, like Egypt, once ruled the world but today is a nation who displays ruins for tourist dollars. As the Roman empire fell from power it became a religion in 313 AD called the Roman Catholic Church. 1,700 years later what’s the biggest, number one and and all-consuming scandal in the Roman church? Homosexual pedophilia of its priests. Romans 1:24-27 (KJV)
- The bible condemns homosexuality, calling it ‘vile’ and an ‘abomination’ before God. Even worse is taking that and indoctrinating the impressionable minds of young children, as PBS is doing with this episode of ‘Arthur’. So Liberal America, as you applaud yourselves for being so ‘diverse’ and ‘welcoming’, just be aware that surely as judgment one day fell on Sodom, Gomorrah, Egypt, Greece and Rome, so too will that same judgment of God fall on this nation as well. You may or may not be surprised to know that as children are being indoctrinated with same-sex marriage, they are also being taught to embrace bestiality, pedophilia, and transgenderism just to name a few.
- No, you’re not paranoid, they really are coming for your kids. Welcome to Doom Town. ‘Arthur’ character Mr. Ratburn gets married, comes out as gay on PBS Kids show
- FROM ACTION NEWS JAX: Deadline reported that in the episode titled “Mr. Ratburn and the Special Someone,” Arthur and his friend Buster, Muffy and Francine overhear Mr. Ratburn taking a phone call about flower arrangements. The kids get their third-grade teacher to admit he’s getting married, and the students spy on Mr. Ratburn to find out who he’s walking down the aisle with.
- ‘Arthur’ Features Gay Wedding
ET Canada May 14, 2019
- FORMER PASTOR WHO REPEATEDLY RAPED HIS ADOPTIVE DAUGHTER IS SENTENCED TO 12 YEARS IN PRISON
- By The Editor – May 15, 2019 – Originally Published on Christian Journal Site
Former Pastor Who Repeatedly Raped His Adoptive Daughter Is Sentenced to 12 Years in Prison
- A former pastor was sentenced to 12 years in prison for repeatedly raping his adopted teenage daughter.
- According to Knoxville News Sentinel, a Knox County judge sentenced David Lynn Richards, Jr. – former pastor at My Father’s House Church of God in Lenoir City – to only 12 years in prison despite being found guilty of nine felony counts, including rape, incest and sexual battery by an authority figure. Reportedly, prosecutors sought to sentence the 41-year-old to 72 years in prison, but many of the crimes he was accused of are only punishable by probation. According to the Knoxville News Sentinel, Richards maintained his innocence throughout the trial despite forensic tests matching DNA collected from bodily fluids on the teen’s bedframe to Richards. Reportedly, Richards said that his adoptive daughter – Amber Richards – only accused him of rape because she is a defiant teenager who refused to submit to strict rules in the house. Cont’d:
- TONY PERKINS: IF EQUALITY ACT BECOMES LAW, US WILL EXPERIENCE CATASTROPHIC LOSS OF RELIGIOUS FREEDOM
- By Tony Perkins – May 17, 2019 – Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) promotes the Equality Act. (Photo by Aaron P. Bernstein/Getty Images) As the Equality Act (H.R. 5) just passed in the U.S. House of Representatives, I remind you, that this is an all-out assault on parental rights, on the family, and on the millions of people of faith in this country.
The legislation goes far beyond just quarantining faith behind the four walls of a house of worship. This act quarantines faith within your mind and says that’s where it must stay. It creates a world that punishes those who exercise their freedom to believe and live according to those beliefs. No institution or person of faith, be it a school, church, synagogue, mosque, business, or non-profit will escape its Orwellian reach.
- THE HOUSE JUST PASSED A SWEEPING LGBTQ RIGHTS BILL
- The Equality Act would extend civil rights protections to LGBTQ people.
- By German Lopez – May 17, 2019 – The US House of Representatives on Friday passed the Equality Act, a bill that would protect LGBTQ people from discrimination in housing, the workplace, public accommodations, and other settings.
- The bill, first introduced in 2015, would also expand public accommodations protections to prohibit discrimination based on sex, and strengthen other existing protections in public accommodations — by, for instance, ensuring that retail stores and banks are covered.
- The bill would address a remaining gap in civil rights laws: While there are already federal laws protecting people from discrimination based on race, religion, sex, and disability, there are no such federal laws explicitly protecting LGBTQ people from discrimination.
The Democratic-controlled House passed the legislation, but it faces tough odds in the Senate, which is controlled by Republicans who generally oppose expanding LGBTQ rights — making the bill very unlikely to become law.
- Still, advocates are celebrating the moment because it’s the first time the legislation has received a full vote from either chamber of Congress. For them, it’s a sign of the progress LGBTQ rights have seen over the years, from greater social acceptance of LGBTQ people to the victory for marriage equality.
- Most states don’t explicitly ban anti-LGBTQ discrimination
- Under federal and most states’ laws, LGBTQ people aren’t explicitly protected from discrimination in the workplace, housing, or public accommodations (like restaurants, hotels, and other places that serve the public).
- So someone can be fired from a job, evicted from a home, or kicked out of a business just because an employer, landlord, or business owner doesn’t approve of the person’s sexual orientation or gender identity.
- TARGET STORES DONATE $100K TO LGBT NONPROFIT THAT PROMOTES ‘INCLUSIVE’ K-12 SCHOOLS
- Martin M. Barillas – NEW YORK – May 20, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) — Target department stores are not only offering clothing and accessories celebrating the gay lifestyle to adults and children, but the company has also pledged to donate to a nonprofit that trains students and teachers in LGBT politics and advocacy.
On Target’s official website, it has several pages dedicated to merchandise that features the rainbow gay pride flag as well as messages intended to instill pride in the LGBT lifestyle. In addition, Target proclaims that it is donating $100,000 to GLSEN, an organization founded in 1990 that claims to be “the leading national education organization focused on ensuring safe and affirming schools for LGBTQ students.”’
According to GLSEN’s website, “Our mission is to create safe and affirming schools for all, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.” The organization offers lesson plans for elementary school children on “gender-neutral” pronouns and terminology as part of the Common Core curriculum as well as introducing gender ideology to third-graders. GLSEN partners with the United Nations and like-minded groups in Canada, China, Ireland, Israel, South Africa, and the United Kingdom.
Coincidently, Target chief marketing officer Rick Gomez also serves on GLSEN’s board of directors.
GLSEN provides training and resources to LGBTQ activists on school campuses while also advocating the homosexual cause in the political sphere. According to its website, “We accomplish our goals by working in hallways across the country — from Congress and the Department of Education to schools and district offices in your community — to improve school climate and champion LGBT issues in K-12 education” Cont’d:
- FALSE TEACHER BETH MOORE WANTS TO TEAR DOWN BIBLICAL WOMANHOOD AND ‘THROW OFF THE SHAKLES’ OF THE APOSTLE PAUL’S COMMANDS ON THE OPERATION OF THE NEW TESTAMENT CHURCH
- Beth Moore is another one of the many end times female false teachers who are really motivational speakers who really want to be preachers who really want to be men. She started out innocently enough, teaching the bible to women, then somewhere along the way, she changed. Drastically. In 2019, we find her leading a full-on frontal assault on both biblical womanhood and what the Bible says is the role for women who want to serve in the church to play. She has gotten so bad, in fact, that we have made her a full-time resident of the Church at Laodicea. Follow her at your own peril.
By Geoffrey Grider – May 21, 2019
Beth Moore starts her diatribe against biblical womanhood as follows and ascribing her unbiblical position to the Holy Spirit. In case you weren’t aware, that’s blasphemy. Beth Moore is another one of the many end times female false teachers who are really motivational speakers who really want to be preachers who really want to be men. She started out innocently enough, teaching the bible to women, then somewhere along the way, she changed. Drastically. In 2019, we find her leading a full-on frontal assault on both biblical womanhood and what the Bible says is the role for women who want to serve in the church to play. She has gotten so bad, in fact, that we have made her a full-time resident of the Church at Laodicea.
- See 1 Timothy 2:11-14 (KJV)
- So what has led Beth Moore straight down the path to apostasy? Well, one of the reasons that is instantly obvious is that Beth Moore has an ‘experienced-based belief’ in the word of God. That is to say that she only believes what the Bible teaches until it runs up against something she has experienced in her life. Then she changes her view on the Bible to match what her experience has showed her. Cont’d:
- ‘ISLAM AND CHRISTIANITY ARE NOT .. COUSINS’: UK CHURCH OFFERED TO COVER UP CROSS AND IMAGE OF CHRIST FOR RAMADON
- CBNNews.com – Emily Jones – May 21, 2019
A Church of England vicar sparked controversy when she offered to cover up an image of Jesus and a crucifix in honor of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.
The Sunday Times reports that Rev. Lissa Scott and Gerland Lee, a former mayor of Darlington, were planning on hosting a Ramadan celebration at St. Matthew and St. Luke’s church in Darlington on June 2.
The goal of the event was to celebrate diversity. Muslim men from a nearby mosque were invited to pray in the church, while Muslim women were offered space in adjoining rooms. According to the newspaper, church leaders also offered to cover up a cross and a well-known image of Jesus depicted as “The Light of the World” by artist William Holman Hunt.
However, the Diocese of Durham stepped in and told the church it cannot host the Ramadan celebration.
A spokesperson for the diocese told Premier: “While it is vital to build good interfaith relations, it is clear that an act of worship from a non-Christian faith tradition is not permitted within a consecrated Church of England building.”
“This is a legal position outlined in Canons B1/2/3 and B5 Section 3 where it states: ‘all forms of service used under this Canon shall be reverent and seemly and shall be neither contrary to, nor indicative of any departure from, the doctrine of the Church of England in any essential matter’.” Cont’d:
- SOUTHERN BAPTISTS DOWN TO LOWEST IN 30 YEARS
- While giving is up, membership, baptism, and church numbers continued to drop in 2018.
Kate Shellnutt – May 23, 2019 3:21 PM Image: Image: Cross Church / Baptist Press
A boost in giving – up to $11.8 billion total—and major church growth in Texas was not enough to fend off more than a decade of declines among the Southern Baptist Convention last year.
The nation’s biggest Protestant denomination isn’t as big as it used to be, according to its Annual Church Profile (ACP), released today. Membership fell to 14.8 million in 2018—its first time below 15 million since 1989 and the lowest it’s been since 1987.
“Facts are our friends, even when the facts themselves are unfriendly,” said new Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary President Adam Greenway. “Heartbreaking to see these ACP declines. We must do better as Southern Baptists. God help us.” Compiled by LifeWay Christian Resources, the ACP is based on self-reported data from about three-fourths of SBC churches, so it’s not a comprehensive picture but is still used to capture overall trends in the denomination. For more than 10 years, the trajectory hasn’t looked good. Cont’d:
- OUTRAGE AS BAPTIST PASTOR DON FREEMYER GIVES BENEDICTION PRAYER AT BAYLOR GRADUATION ASKING GOD TO ‘DELIVER US’ FROM THE EVIL OF ‘STRAIGHT WHITE MEN’ AND ‘FOSSIL FUELS’
- Baylor University graduation prayer given by Pastor Dan Freemyer of the Broadway Baptist church in Texas asked God to ‘deliver us from straight white men’. “This is appalling,” Dreher wrote. “Whoever would have imagined that ‘straight white men’ would be denounced in prayer at a Baylor University graduation ceremony? I wonder how many straight white men are Baylor donors? I wonder how many straight white male and female parents of high school students will understand the meaning of this signal, and look elsewhere for their children’s Christian college education?”
By Geoffrey Grider – May 24, 2019
Get a load of the racially-charged ‘prayer’ delivered at Baylor University’s 2019 commencement by Dan Freemyer, the pastor of Broadway Baptist Church in Fort Worth.
- A number of years ago, I created a category on NTEB called “The Church Of Laodicea“, for articles and stories about churches and pastors claiming to be Christian yet were incredibly either lukewarm or full-blown apostates. For a long time there was little to no stories involving Baptist churches. Sadly, over the past year, that has changed. Baptist churches are falling just as far and just as fast as the Liberal megachurches are.
- See Revelation 3:14-16 (KJV)
- So everyone let’s give Pastor Dan Freemyer of the Broadway Baptist Church in Ft. Worth, Texas, a hearty NTEB welcome! (Bronx cheers only, please). Their LinkedIn page says they have been in operation since 1882. Well, 2019 is as far as you go, I guess. What type of ‘prayer’ is concerned about fossil fuels, climate change, and straight white men? The prayer of the lost social justice warrior wolf in sheep’s clothing who uses God and the Bible as a cover to promote a Liberal Socialist Progressive agenda.
- Oh, in case you were wondering, the About Us section of the Broadway Baptist church site says they are ‘fully affirming of women in lay and professional ministry roles and fully inclusive of LGBTQ+ persons.’ You can feign surprise now if you like. I’ll just be here typing and rolling my eyes. ‘Baptist’ church, is it? Go kid your grandma.
- Baylor University Prayer Denounces “Straight White Men”
- FROM TODD STARNES: “God, give them the moral imagination to reject the old keys we are trying to give them to a planet that we are poisoning by running it on fossil fuels and misplaced priorities – a planet with too many straight, white men like me behind the steering wheel while others have been expected to sit quietly in the back of the bus,” the minister prayed. Did you notice the cheers from the crowd?
CHRISTIANITY IN IRAQ IS ‘PERILOUSLY CLOSE TO EXTINCTION’, SAYS ARCHBISHOP
- May 27, 2019 (Worthy News) – An Iraqi Archbishop has pleaded with Britain’s Church and political leaders to do more to save the Christian community in Iraq from being wiped out.
- At an address in London, the Archbishop of Irbil, the Rt Rev Bashar Warda warned that Christians in Iraq face extinction after seeing a dramatic fall in numbers from around 1.5 million at the end of Saddam Hussein’s reign in 2003, to just 250,000 today.
- The Archbishop said that the prospects for those who have remained in the country were not good. “Christianity in Iraq, one of the oldest Churches, if not the oldest Church in the world, is perilously close to extinction. Those of us who remain must be ready to face martyrdom,” he said.
- Christians have had a presence in Iraq for at least 1,400 years but after the Islamic State began its onslaught in 2014, they and other minority communities came under intense persecution.
- The Archbishop said that their “tormentors” had sought “to wipe out our history and destroy our future”.
- “In Iraq there is no redress for those who have lost properties, homes and businesses. Tens of thousands of Christians have nothing to show for their life’s work, for generations of work, in places where their families have lived, maybe, for thousands of years,” he said. Cont’d: